English IV Daily Agenda – October 24-28
- Start a new document for the next set of This I Believe essay responses
- “The People Who Love You When No One Else Will” by Cecile Gilmer
- Who are the people who have always been there for you? Who are the people you or your family have been there for? Who are the people who love you no matter what and what can you say about them? Who are the people who “show up” in your life when you need them the most? How can you apply this to your life?
- Recap Chapters 1 & 2 of The Hobbit
TUESDAY (1) Career Day – Speakers and Meetings
- This I Believe Response:
- Newt Gingrich’s “The Willingness to Work for Solutions”
- How can we, as citizens of a great nation espousing freedom, promote working together to find solutions? How do we get our leaders to come together to solve problems? How can we, as citizens, be catalysts for a movement of problem solving and helping each other?
- This I Believe Response
- Miles Goodwin’s “The Connection Between Strangers”
- What this little girl did is such a small act of kindness yet it has lived on through this man’s memory and life. Think about the out-of-the-blue kindnesses you have been shown in your life and describe one or two of them. Do you still remember how it made you feel? When is a time you reached out unexpectedly and showed kindness to someone else? What effect did it have on you or the other person? When is a time you witnessed from afar an act of kindness that stayed in your memory even though you were not a part of it?
- Humor Friday