Media Center Hours:
Monday-Thursday: 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Friday: 7:30 AM – 3:30 PM
The Media Center is a service center for both students and staff. The collection consists of print (books and periodicals), audio/visual materials, and computer workstations. An individual student who needs to use the media center must get a pass from their teacher. Students clock in and out upon entering and leaving to ensure accountability. Entire classes are accompanied by their teacher and have a project plan collaborated and scheduled with the Media Specialist. Students can read for leisure if they respect the rights of others to work and study, but this is dependent on available space due to classes using the center. Ten minutes is the allotted time for middle school students to check out material and return to their teacher. Students that are doing research papers need a pass from their teacher for that block. The center is not a substitute location for an assigned study hall.
General collection = 2 weeks (2 Renewals)
Magazines = 1 week (1 Renewal)
Overdue materials are given three days grace period before fines are assessed. The due dates are stamped on the due date card inside the book. Courtesy notices will be given out as reminders to renew or check in materials. Items not returned in the allotted time are charged 10¢/day per item.
Students will need a pass from their teacher to use the photocopier without charge. Otherwise, copies cost 10¢/page.
Any computer can access the media center’s online card catalog. From there, they can look up the availability of books and access the online educational databases. Students can also use the computer workstations for word processing and/or any other program application on the computer. Teacher scheduled classes do have priority.
The Media Center is a service center for students and staff. Everyone is welcome. All are expected to respect the rights of others to work and study. Inappropriate behavior results in a loss of privileges. If you need help or have questions, the media staff will be glad to assist you.
Fines for items accrue daily (10¢/day) for each item.
When an overdue book is renewed, the fine remains on the student’s account until it is paid.
A book can have unpaid fines that go unpaid until the book is overdue again, then the two fines are added for the total due.
- All Rise for the Honorable Perry T. Cook by Leslie Connor
- Garvey’s Choice by Nikki Grimes
- Maxi’s Secrets: (Or, What You Can Learn From a Dog) by Lynn Plourde
- Moo: A Novel by Sharon Creech
- Save Me a Seat by Sarah Weeks and Gita Varadarajan
- Slacker by Gordan Korman
- Soar by Joan Bauer
- Towers Falling by Jewell Parker Rhodes
- The Wild Robot by Peter Brown
- Wish by Barbara O’Connor
- Desert Dark by Sonja Stone
- The Forgetting by Sharon Cameron
- Ghost by Jason Reynolds
- The Girl I Used to Be by April Henry
- Girl in the Blue Coat by Monica Hesse
- Projekt 1065: A Novel of World War II by Alan Gratz
- Ryan Quinn and the Rebel’s Escape by Ron McGee
- Scythe by Neal Schusterman
- When Friendship Followed Me Home by Paul Griffin
- Wolf Hollow by Lauren Wolk